- Philosophy: PhD Admissions and Enrollment Statistics
- Philosophy: Master's Admissions and Enrollment Statistics
- Philosophy: PhD Completion Rate Statistics
- Philosophy: PhD Time to Degree Statistics
- Philosophy: PhD Placement Statistics
Apply for the Ph.D. in Philosophy Program
Complete the online application administered by the Duke Graduate School. (Although the general Graduate School deadline is earlier, the department will consider all applications completed by January 3, 2023). We consider applications for admission to the fall semester only. Applications are completed and submitted to the Graduate School in the fall of the year preceding the applicant's expected year of entry into the program.
Required documents and information:
- Academic transcripts
- Letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- GRE scores (Optional)
- Writing sample
- International students also need to submit their TOEFL/IELTS score
The submission of a writing sample (nonreturnable, limited to fewer than 15 pages) is required. Writing samples are to be uploaded to the Graduate School on-line application site, along with general application materials, behind the other documents.