The vibrancy of the Department’s philosophical culture, its strength in a broad range of areas of philosophy, and the outstanding reputation of our faculty combine to attract some of the nation’s most talented graduate students. Our philosophy doctoral program has an excellent placement record. Since 1996, over 70% of graduates have continued on to tenure-track academic positions.
- Individualized degree plans
- Cross-disciplinary course emphasis - you will take courses from other Duke departments
- Active colloquium series
- Opportunity for collaborative research and coursework with the Department of Philosophy at the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill.
- Joint degree options - law & master of arts, or law and Ph.D. programs
- Unique certificate programs that leverage Duke's academic strengths in medicine, science and biology